Friday, September 23, 2011

Who knows how to convert Sony files to be compatible with iTunes?

I just bought a new iPod, I previously had a Sony Walkman mp3. How can I convert my Sony music files to iTunes? Currently I cant drag and drop into iTunes as they arent in the right format.|||I'm pretty sure you can't do it, unless you used MP3 for your Sony Walkman, it was the NWA series that allowed you to use MP3's. If you used Connect player or Sonicstage to copy your CD's then the format is ATRAC and this is specific to Sony and cannot be converted into any other format.





If you imported your MP3's into Sonicstage/Connect player then simply use those MP3's in their original folder and import them into iTunes.





Honestly though, I know it's a pain (I've done it three times now!) just convert your music again into iTunes from your CD's. It will sound a lot better, MP3's converted into other formats always sounds a lot worse, at least converting direct from the CD's gives you a better quality sound, you want to get the best from, your iPod at the end of the day, so a few hours (or days!!!) converting CD's over to iTunes will be worth it in the end!





Once you've got an iPod you won't go back to any other player in the future, you'll stick with Apple! I've got the Sony NWA-3000 and previously a Minidisc player, all the software is annoying and the ATRAC format is really limiting as I'm sure you know!|||Use SonicStage to get the files off the MP3 player (I assume they are in ATRAC format?). Then use SonicStage to play or convert them to MP3. Then you can import them into iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment