Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I fix my Sony Elixim digital camera, which is now taking blurry pictures every time I zoom in close?

Many of the pictures my Sony Elixim (orange credity card style) camera takes are now coming in blurry? Especially when I zoom in very close. Even when I take normal shots, the pictures seems rough and not crisp. Is the camera dead or can this be fixed?





I also have a Casio Digital Elf camera that is a few years older and I just turned it on for the first time and the digital screen is flashing lines and I can barely see what's in the picture. Plus everything is like a shade of red. Is this the digital display or is this a lens problem?|||Regarding the Canon Powershot Digital ELF: is your camera on this list?


http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.鈥?/a>





If so, your camera may be part of a wide-spread CCD sensor recall and may be entitled to a free repair. I had the same problem with an old Sony Cyber-shot and Sony fixed it free of charge.





Just so you know, you either have a Sony Cyber-shot or a Casio Exilim. I really don't see how the blur you're experiencing could be related to the hardware or optics. You're either using digital zoom or your shutter speed is not fast enough. Stay away from digital zoom. It only crops the center of your image and enlarges it through interpolation whereas optical zoom moves the glass within your lens to give you true zoom. Consult your manual to avoid digital zoom or remove it all together.





If you're taking pictures zoomed in without flash while in a dark setting, you're pretty much out of luck. Since it's a point %26amp; shoot you don't really have a choice. Either use flash or an action scene mode, if available.

No comments:

Post a Comment