Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do i download video from my Sony video camera to my computer?

I have a Sony HVR-HD 1000 camera, and i would really like to know how to go about putting videos onto my computer. So far, all I know how to do is connect the two devices with the firewire cable. Where do I go from there?|||The Sony HVR-HD1000 is a shoulder mount, miniDV tape based, HDV camcorder.





Connect the IEEE1394-compliant, 4-pin, i.LINK port (also known as firewire or DV) to the computer's firewire port with a firewire cable. The camcorder needs to be in "Play" mode (set the mode using the power switch - this is not "camera" mode). Launch the video editor, under File, select "Log and Capture", Capture or Import the video.





You did not tell us which computer or which video editor. We don't know if it can deal with HDV format video.





Since we don't know which computer, we don't know which firewire cable you need. We know the camcorder's side is 4-pin... but the computer's side can be 4-pin, 6-pin or 9-pin.





DV-to-USB cable/converter/adapter things won't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment