Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do you remove books from the Sony eReader 500 but not the library?

I recently purchased the Sony eReader PRS-505 and have almost filled the memory. I cannot figure out how to remove the books I have read from the reader without completely deleting them from my list. I am used to the iPod interface where you can just un-check the song in the library and it will remove it from the iPod playlists. Any suggestions?|||Huh, I just fired it up and apparently they removed that function. It used to be more iTunes-like.





The best way I can think of is to create collections. To create a "collection", use the large "+" symbol on the bottom-left of the window. Call one "Keep" or whatever you want. Move the books you do want in to the "Keep". Be sure to remove what you don't want from that collection, it should still be in your main "Library".





Under the "Sync" sub-head under your reader, uncheck "Books" and but keep the collections you want checked. This should remove them from your ebook but not your library.





I just did this actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment