Saturday, October 1, 2011

What is a good Sony camera to take snowboarding photos?

I have an old DSC-P71 and it took amazing shots of my friends out snowboarding. I started to get megapixel envy and upgraded to a Canon S70 but all the photos came out blurred. I sold that and bought a Sony DSC-P100 but that also took very blurry photos. So I went back to my old 3 megapixel friend. Now, the view finder has broken, and I need to get another digital camera.





It has to be Sony, as I have 2x 4gb memory stick pro duos, and I don't want to buy additional memory.





It has to take great action shots out of the box, and be small. I don't want to have to make a million adjustments, just switch it on and take amazing photos of my friends taking jumps and such.





Any advice on the N2, W100, W7 or older Sony digital cameras from snowboarders or skiers is much appreciated.|||the best sony camera to take snowboarding is the Pentax W30. (sorry) since it's water proof.





If you are blaming all those blurry shots that you're getting on the camera- perhaps you should look what's standing behind the camera.





Great action shots are a tall order for a point and shoot, especially with a user that doesn't want to fiddle with settings. You can do it, but you really need to know how to pre-focus, how to make sure the ISO and shutter speed are high enough, and to correct for bright snow conditions.





The N2 is cool, but with it's touch screen- it may be hard to operate with gloves.





I'd go with the W series. At least it has a little optical viewfinder for when you can't see the display in bright sunlight.|||A great site to compare features is


http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.鈥?/a>


Select memory type 'memory stick' and you'll get cameras compatible with your memory.





Don't get hung up on megapixels, anything over 6 mp in a compact camera doesn't help the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment